Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Kindergarten

I can't believe this year has finally arrived! We have enjoyed the good life of not knowing what it means to be in school, have a summer break, or buy school supplies, but that has all come to an end. Yep, Cam-Cam, Mr. Cameroon, Cam-Cam the Man, has started KINDERGARTEN! While I am certainly NOT ready for any of this, he is. He was a little nervous this morning (although wouldn't say it) and excited all at the same time. He was really excited when Daddy met us at school and we all walked him in. Daddy helped him find his cubby, put his stuff up, and then he just walked in and sat in his chair like he had done it 10 times before. Unfortunately, there is only 1 little boy he knows from last year in his class, but there are a couple in the other class and luckily they get to go to PE and recess together. Honestly, Cameron makes friends so easily I'm sure by the end of the week he will know every one's name and let me know everything about them... he knows no strangers. I'm excited to see how this year goes; I'm excited about Mrs. Morris and what her experience will bring; I'm excited Cameron wants to go to school and learn; but, I am not excited that he is getting older. Bryant and Hayden are with me on this, they were a little sad to not have Cameron around all day too. Give us a week or two and I'm sure it will be a lot better. Until then we will just pray he has an awesome day being a big boy!





2 comments:

Alison, Jake, Addison, Avery and baby Bean said...

I'm glad he had such a good first day! I'm so excited Addie and Bryant are in the same class too. It is so weird not having her here!

Lindsay said...

It's been an adjustment for us too. Funny how it's always harder on the parent than the child, huh? I can't believe our kiddos are growing up so fast. You know, that also means we are growing up faster too! Yikes!