Sunday, August 28, 2011

B's Big Day

This past Thursday Bryant started pre-K 4. He was very excited about it and was even more excited when he found out he was going to have Ms. Lisa, Cameron's teacher from last year (we were excited, too). He always wants to be a big boy, and knowing how Cameron did things last year made him feel like that much more of a big guy. Last year he cried everyday I dropped him off (he finally told me later all the other kids in his class were "babies" and wore diapers and he didn't like it) but Thursday was such a different story. He walked in and put his stuff away (just like Cameron did last year, my observer) and then found some toys and just started playing. No fussing, no hesitation, he just looked at me as if to say, "OK, you can leave now". So I snapped a few pictures, gave him a hug and kiss and was on my way. I think we were both excited about it! I'm praying this year is just what he needs to challenge his little brain and allow him to build confidence being away from his big brother, even if he is right upstairs!
Go get 'em B-Bear!




I couldn't resist adding this in... After we dropped Cameron off on his first day, I took B to the dentist to have a check-up and cleaning. He had so much fun, he didn't want to leave! We use a pediatric dentist and they make everything perfect for a kid. I had my camera with me so a got a few pictures just because it was so much fun, and he got a clean bill of health on the teeth!




They gave Hayden a toothbrush and she even got a ride in the chair!

1 comment:

April :) said...

Wow! He looks so grown up in these pics! Ethan starts pre-k this thursday...he can NOT wait! I think being the middle child makes you really want to grow up fast!! You guys need to move to our neighborhood so they can be in K5 together!!! The house beside us is the same as yours if you want me to get the people to leave!!! haha...CONGRATS BRYANT!