12 years ago
Tuesday, August 2, 2011
Humpty Dumpty
Remember that post about 2-3 months ago about Bryant falling and Daddy putting his eye back together with tissue glue? Well, that incident sparked a heated conversation between Cal and I weather or not he would be allowed to suture the kids if they needed stitches. Me: NO! Cal: Yes! I guess B wanted to see who would win out, so he decided he had to do something a little more dramatic. Yesterday at work I get a call from Cal (and 3 missed calls from the babysitter... oops) saying that B had fallen and hit his head on the fireplace and needed stitches. Cal assured me he had this taken care of and he would (for the sake of our marriage) take him to the Urgent Care to have them do the sutures even though he could do them himself. Smart man! They went to the first place and come to find out the doctor there didn't do sutures and the nurse-practitioner that did do them, was off. So, I called our pediatrician and he was out of the office and didn't do them anyway. Really? So Cal was on his way to Urgent Care #2 and I get a call... Cal: "I talked to B and asked if he wanted me or a doctor to suture his head and he said me." So, after a few questions and some hesitation I let our 3 year old make the decision. I wasn't there, but according to Daddy and the babysitter B was very brave and did amazingly well. He only cried a little and watched TV through the whole thing. So, here is where I "eat crow" and say GREAT job Daddy... thanks for putting Humpy Dumpy back together again!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment