Friday, August 12, 2011

Get Your Creative Juices Flowing

I have to say Cameron has impressed me lately. Just when you think you know your own kids, they go and "grow up" on you and are able to do things you (and especially I) never would have thought. Take for instance yesterday... I was cleaning the kitchen after breakfast and Bryant brought down the Lincoln Logs. He pulls out the directions to a fort and asks me to build it for him. I said I would after I finished the kitchen and next thing I know he and Cameron are playing nicely together, so, I kept cleaning. About 10 minutes later I look up and Cameron is following the directions and building the fort! No joke! He he, with Bryant handing him each piece he called for, built it all by himself!!!




The other weekend... we were outside early (before it reached 100) and there was a big box in the garage. Cameron grabbed a piece of cardboard asked for some scissors and a marker and decided he wanted a pirate face on it. He had Daddy draw the pirate to his exact specifications and then cut it out. He then found some packing material and decided he wanted the material made into a flag with the pirate on it. Well, we ended up drawing another pirate face on the flag, and he had Daddy cut it out. Then, he took the flag and wanted in mounted on the box with the little pirate on the side to make a pirate ship. Next thing you know it was mounted on the Gator with cut-outs for a windshield, and there you have it. Captain Cameron's own pirate ship, and First-mate B too of course!.