I was trying to be frugal (cheap to others) and waited until after Christmas last year to buy our first tree. I just couldn't see spending THAT much for a tree I put out once a year. Anyway, this year I was very excited and couldn't wait to get it up. It looked awesome at first, but by the next morning my "stay-lit" tree had a whole section of lights out!! Seriously, I thought stay-lit meant the lights stayed on? Anyway, my Mr. Fix-it husband went through the whole owner's manual (I know, it's a tree, right?)and did everything it said to no avail. Then he started doing what we did as kids before all of this super technology stuff, he started changing bulbs 1 at a time. He fixed it! Unfortunately, 48 hours later 2 more sections were out. I called the company and they are sending 2 new sections of tree with no ETA (sounds like way after Christmas sometime) and I was told to get a few strands of lights and put it on the tree to "disguise the flaw" until the new sections come sometime next year. Gotta love technology!

Here is the little beauty with the candy cane stripes. Maybe God thought I was a little too excited about my new tree?
1 comment:
I think it is beautiful-- I don't think we are doing a tree at all this year! Woops!
Post a Comment