I'm going to come clean and say that crafts scare me. I'm not sure if it is my cleanly tendencies or just the implications of toddlers with scissors and glue but the whole idea makes my stomach turn a little. Not to mention the time I took Cameron to the library for story and craft time (about a year ago)and we had to leave because he insisted the glue was Ranch dressing and threw a fit because I wouldn't let him eat it! I digress... I faced my fears this week and decided to join a friends annual Gingerbread house party. It was awesome! Cameron did such a good job. He helped me put the icing on (did you really think I'd let him do that by himself?) and he did all the decorating by himself. He really enjoyed it and besides a little candy and icing on the floor we both came away better because of it. Thanks Suzi for making me step out of my comfort zone and have a great time with my son!
Oh, the house does look like it had a little earthquake damage but that was my fault. I didn't know you really needed all that icing to hold it together... we'll do better next year!

Here we go!

Cameron's friend Titan... he's done this before.

The creative juices are flowing.

Here it is. Great job Cameron!

Bryant and Katie having their own little party.
No comments:
Post a Comment