The kids have been at G&G's house the last couple of days and I had had high hopes of getting a lot of things done around the house. Trouble is my "To Do" list was way too long and my time way too short. Well, at least I can get one, way past due, post in before they return.
School ended about 3 weeks ago (man how time flies) and with that brought me a 2nd grader and a soon to be kindergartners! Yikes! I'm not so sure I'm ready for this... two in school!?!? B graduated from Pre-K for the second time, and he was way more excited this time around. He seems "ready" this year. He knows he gets to start kinder next year and unlike last year, he is looking forward to it. I mean, when the teacher hands you the list of sight words every week and tells you to pick out which ones you want to learn, something tells me you are ready. I'm not, but I know he needs the challenge and the fact he is looking forward to it makes it a little easier - remind me when school starts that I said this :)
Cameron finished his year strong too. He really excelled in math - I think he gets it from me but Daddy swears it's him. He told his teacher that he wanted some "hard" math problems because the ones she gave were too easy. She got a kick out of it and enjoyed challenging him, she even started him on multiplication before the year ended! His reading was a little more on grade level most of the year (neither daddy or I take credit for reading) but by the time the year was done he was pushing ahead and surprising me daily how well he was reading. The good thing is he is really starting to enjoy it and I find him reading to his brother and sister frequently. His last day of school was Field Day and Hayden and I were able to watch. My favorite was to see him kick some booty in the 1st grade 50 yard dash (I think he could have beat the 2nd graders too)!
It's so much fun to see these guys grow and learn! It's even better to know they are smart and are able to learn without difficulties like so many others. A true blessing!
I was going for a reenactment of the picture I took on the first day of school to show how much they had grown... obviously they weren't excited about the idea.
12 years ago










No comments:
Post a Comment