Saturday, June 22, 2013

June Summer Days

Summer is in full swing and I am... well... a little behind!  We have been having so much fun I decided it is finally time to catch up!  So here is summer (June anyway) in a nutshell.  The kids have been having a blast catching toads and even frogs!  Unfortunately, they don't have the same love for the kids and especially Hayden.  She found a baby toad the other day and insisted on playing with him.  I thought something might be wrong when I walked back into the garage and found him just sitting on her shoe.  Her response, "Look! He a good froggy and stay on my shoe!".  She proceeded to pick him up and make him do his "leg es-er-sizes".  I then examined him closely only to discover I was too late and the poor thing had already died... cause of death = 3 year old girl.  She threw a fit when I told her she couldn't play with him anymore!  Crazy kid!!  Frogs and toads aren't the only animals having a tough time.  A turtle strayed up on our driveway one morning and the poor thing wet himself when all 3 kids came screaming out of the house to see it.  Luckily, he made a clean escape when Daddy got home and only had to spend about an hour trying to get out of a bucket.  The other creatures of summer have been rolly pollies.  At least these guys have a tough shell so they have faired well against the 3 year old destroyer.
 
 





We went camping!!  In the backyard anyway.  About 9 o'clock one night we decided to be spontaneous and get out the tent and spend the night outside.  The kids loved it!  Daddy and Hayden ended up going in about 1 in the morning because she was coughing so much, but the boys and I finished it out - in all honesty I was very jealous of daddy ;)




We have completed our yearly swim lessons and can say 100% our boys are swimmers!!  They did fantastic and loved it!  Hayden had her own private coach and had a blast playing in the water.  Not so sure much "swimming" was going on, but she loved playing around.  The last day they made her go off the diving board and discovered the death grip she can put on someone.  NOT a happy moment, but she was finally removed from the lifeguard and lowered into the water.  At least when it was all over she wasn't scared of the water.










Lastly, we made the library kick-off and enjoyed all the emergency vehicles that always attend and got signed up for reading club.  The best part for me was their cute faces after getting painted.  My little cuties!!!





1 comment:

Alison, Jake, Addison, Avery and baby Bean said...

sweet faces. I love reading your stories. Gives me motivation to keep my blog up... now to do something with that motivation haha