Cameron is starting off the year with 2 missing teeth! His grin makes me smile with all the little black holes in it, and the funny thing is he has two more that are already loose! He loves pulling them though and is even more excited about the $2 he gets for each one. I'm not sure I can handle all these teeth. The little turkey makes me hold his hand every time Daddy pulls one and he KNOWS how much I hate teeth. The things you do for your kids! He is also continuing to write. I can't tell you how much I love to see his stories and illustrations. I love the way he spells words and the pictures he draws to go with them. Mostly, I love the things he writes about. It's funny to see some of the things that made an impact on him or the detail you would have thought he missed. My favorite is when he writes about Bible stories or lessons we have covered. It is the confirmation I need to keep working at it.
My term for Bryant right now is "Lego Maniac". This kid lives and breaths Lego's. He loves nothing better then to sit all afternoon with a new Lego set and put the whole thing together. He seriously has put several sets together and never even asked for help, and I'm not talking little sets. At Christmas the boys got a helicopter. Bryant disappeared and about an hour or so later reappeared with the whole thing done! I think Grandpa nailed it. He's going to be an engineer. Putting things together or figuring out puzzles (of any kind) is his forte. When he doesn't have any Lego's to assemble he is into reading. He so desperately wants to read and will actually read a book over and over until he knows the whole thing. When I read to him he makes me point to the words so he can learn them and know them next time he sees them. Have I mentioned that this kiddo is smart?!
Leaving 2012 is hard because yet another year has somehow flown by, but coming into 2013 I feel so blessed to have these 3 little people (and a wonderful husband I might add) to share my life with. My biggest blessing for the year is that all of us are healthy and the kids are growing and developing well. I write all these things and in the end I rejoice in the fact that my family is "normal". I mean, how many people have a kitty, a Lego Maniac and a toothless kiddo running around?! I just love these guys! They crack me up and challenge me all at the same time.
Hello 2013, the Davis' are here!








1 comment:
you have some great kids! I miss seeing them. Playdate?
Post a Comment