Saturday, January 5, 2013

Christmas 2012

Alright, here goes the highlights of Christmas: 

We tried to keep Christmas focused this year on the true spirit, Jesus.  We did several family projects like Samaritan's Purse shoeboxes and adopting a family in need for the holidays.  The kids each got their own shoebox to fill and did a great job finding things they thought another kid would want.  When we went shopping for our adopted family they helped pick out a lot of the stuff and were great little elves when we took all the goodies to their house.  It was so neat seeing them put their focus on someone else.  Sometimes they'd have to be reined back in (especially in the toy isle) but overall they did a really great job.

Of course, we did the usual Christmas performances at Kidz Quest and school.  Cameron was supposed to do a solo for the performance at school, but he got sick so I stayed home with him and Daddy went and watched B sing it up.  The report was "two thumbs up"... great job B!


I had to include this letter to Santa that Cameron wrote this year.  It is deciphered below if you can't read it... HILARIOUS!!!!

Dear Santa, Can I have a box of toy soldiers and 20 of them.  Can I have the police boat (Lego) set.  How is your wife, is she good?  How is the reindeer, is Rudolph, is he good?  Rudolph I love you. I love you too Santa.  Love, Cameron 


Christmas day we were blessed with SNOW!!!  It was so beautiful and made it even better that we could share it with with Memaw, Papaw and Aunt Kaycee's family.  The kids had a blast playing together - ages: 7,6,5,4,3 &; 2 - funny, huh?!  It was COLD though, and to prove it none of them complained that we made them come back in after only 20 minutes!  It was a relaxing day full of food and games (Hand and Foot to be exact) and lots of family time.



New Year's Eve weekend all of my family came up.  Much of the Christmas day festivities were repeated, but this time it was spread out over about 4 days and there was no snow (bummer).  I am proud to say that there were no fires this year!!  Yes, fireworks have been banned from the Davis household (and Cameron leads that petition).  I can't even say I missed them... I think after last year I've had my fill for several New Year's. 


Favorite gifts: Cameron and Bryant - a Wii and Lego Star Wars game; money; Lego's and Lego Ninjago sticker books; Hayden - play kitchen; shopping cart and food; and a unicorn towel.  Daddy - a gun (yet to be bought).  Mommy - telling the kids we are taking them to Disney World in a few weeks... priceless!!





Happy Birthday Jesus!!!!

No comments: