Saturday, October 13, 2012

Food, Frogs, and Fun

Some things are just blog worthy and a fun night with my kiddos definitely qualifies.  Tonight the kids and I headed out on a date!  It was last minute (I know, points for spontaneity for me) because we stayed outside way to long and I didn't get a chance to make dinner.  Daddy is out of town so the next logical thing is, to eat out.  It almost didn't happen because someone who shall remain nameless (because at this point in our lives it could be anyone on any given day) was having a really hard time listening the first time.  I decided the rest of us wouldn't suffer for the one so we still went, and I am so glad we did!  Hayden made sure to dress for the occasion and came out of her room wearing all of her lovely jewelry and packing her new Doc Mcstuffins Lambie doll.  She made me laugh, so I let her go as is.  We went to McAllister's and there was practically nobody there.  Any earlier discipline infractions were left at home and the kids were on their best behavior holding doors for people, helping each other out, and not running and acting like crazy kids.  There was tons of laughter and silly faces and just a relaxed time of spending time together.  After dinner we headed over to Yogurt Story, our new family favorite, and got yogurt.  Well, the kid's looked more like candy with a little yogurt but everyone was happy and we enjoyed sitting outside in the nice weather.  While we were there B had to make a trip to the bathroom, and upon returning he announced, "Mom, I forgot something.  My UNDERWEAR!!!".  Apparently this date is undergarments optional?!  Of course everyone around laughed hysterically at the commando 5 year old!  After yogurt we took a little walk (or run) up and down the store fronts and the kids looked for crickets to stomp - that was another fun time a few months back.  Unfortunately, no crickets tonight but we did find a rather large toad sitting in a corner that provided me with a great laugh and a lesson on anatomy:

Cameron:  That's a girl toad.
Me: How do you know?
Cameron: Because it's bigger than a boy.
Me: Girls are bigger than boys?
Cameron: No. She has these 2 humps....

In all reality there was nothing extraordinary about tonight.  Dinner, yogurt, and a little walk, but something about it just made me want to remember this night (and so many just like it) that make me feel so blessed to be a mom and to such great kids.  They aren't perfect, but they are mine and I so enjoy each one of them and their unique personalities.  We all agreed while we were eating yogurt that the night would be perfect if Daddy was there with us.  Bryant even said, "I wish that truck right there was Daddy's."  I guess we will just have to go again when Daddy gets back.  More memories?  You bet, I'm in!!!




No comments: