I'm actually writting this a few months after the fact... well, maybe about 4 months after but who's counting?! Bryant's birthday party this year was definitely one I will always remember. It went something like this....
It was planned for about 2 weeks before his actual birthday. Seems a little funny, I know, but when it comes to birthdays if we can accomodate then we will. B REALLY wanted his party at the local splash park and the last day it was open was the end of September. Makes since, right? Weather starts getting colder. Anyway, we just decided to book it for the last day and have an early celebration since that is what he really wanted. So, party is booked end of story. Well, not so much. A few days before the party we realize it is going to be the first cold snap of the fall. Unfortunate, but we just resolve that no one will probably play in the water but at least we can still be at the park and have fun. So, day of the party. Wake up to 50 degrees and rain! Yikes!! OK, so Daddy is very convinced that the rain will stop and we can still have a damp, chilly party at the park. I'm on board because the alternative is having 25 kids and their partents at our house. So, we wait, and wait, and wait... and the rain does not stop. Oh, man. So 1 hour before the party the text goes out and we do in fact have 22 kids and their parents coming to our house! Luckily, I have spent a little time on Pinterest and had a couple ideas for games. Grandma was sent to the store for balloons, I was on the computer printing out scavenger hunt labels, and Daddy was spot cleaning in the house. Nerves were on edge but somehow with the help of Grandparents, family, and friends we pulled it all off. We kept the shark theme complete with shark fins for all kids, a scavenger hunt to find the missing shark, a shark watermelon head, and of course a crazy game of shoot the balloon with the Nerf gun (I was desperate) and they loved it! Best of all, B had a great time and we survived the 22 kids and their parents, at our house.
I'm in a cold sweat just thinking about it, but won't we just do anything for our kids... within reason of course ;)
13 years ago













No comments:
Post a Comment