This week the boys went to VBS and LOVED it!!! They were excited every night to go and were full of energy and enthusiasm when I picked them up. I got an ear-full of them telling me everything they did that night. The topic was "Everything is possible with God" and the theme was fly. They did all sorts of flying experiments, made crafts, and just watched stuff fly through the air. Right up any boys ally! My favorite was watching them sing and dance to praise and worship music and not be afraid to get on stage and have some fun! It does my heart good to see my kids worshiping God uninhibitedly. I hope that part never ends!!!
I put aside my OCD one morning this week and allowed the kids to paint! I bought some wooden animals at the craft store and they each got to paint theirs anyway they wanted. The only rule was, no shirts. That about drove Cameron crazy. The kid NEVER goes without a shirt, even swimming. He just doesn't like it. Hayden and B on the other hand have no problem. Hayden likes to run around naked and yell, "naked baby!!" and laugh at as she's doing it (I think we are going to have to watch that one). The one smart thing I did was to substitute Hayden's acrylic paints that came in her kit with some finger paints I bought at the store. Good thing! Check out the mess she made! It was all worth it, they had a great time and I enjoyed watching them.




1 comment:
so big! I gotta get Addison on her bike more...
Post a Comment