Cameron got bit by a dog!!! Yep, no kidding! It went something like this... I had borrowed some chocolate chips from the neighbor the week before, and after going to the store that morning and getting home, I asked Cameron to run over with the new bag and tell her thank you. He grabbed them and headed out the door. A few seconds later I heard some screaming. My first thought was that another neighbor was over with their kids and they were playing in the front yard, but I decided to take a closer look. I opened the front door and saw Cameron running/skipping to the door and screaming his head off. I asked him what happened (thinking it was a wasp sting) and he said, "That dog bit me!!!". I saw the gaping wound on the inside of his leg and grabbed him and headed straight for the bathroom. Turns out, he was walking across the front yard and when he got to the side yard a dog ran up and barked at him. That in turn caused another dog to jump out of the back of a truck, parked about 50 feet away in my neighbors driveway, and start running after Cameron. Well, Cameron of course started running back to the house and the dog ran in front of him and bit the you know what out of his leg!
Trip to Urgent Care (that included a Nurse Practitioner who's tissue glue and steri-strip dressing was an epic fail), antibiotics, visit from animal control, apologetic neighbor who brought cookies, and we are to today and Cameron is doing well. Come to find out, this dog belongs to my neighbor's friend and is a working cattle dog that is known to be a biter. I guess he confused Cameron for a stray cow and decided he would take care of him. His leg is still a little bruised and he will definitely have a scar (thanks NP), but as long as this doesn't scar his little soul then we can say it all could have been a lot worse!
Funny side note: We were praying that night before bed and Cameron said, "Mom. Next time let's just mail the chocolate chips to Ms. Denise". LOVE HIM!!




1 comment:
scary! I can't believe they just left that psycho dog out there alone... ugh!
Post a Comment