Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Christmas 2011... Awesome!

Christmas this year was at M&P's new house, barely!  They moved in the day everyone started coming and got our room set up about 2 hours before we got there.  It's taken them a couple of years to build, and they still aren't done, but Papaw is literally building the whole thing himself.  He has some help every now and again but for the most part he is doing it all!  All of the family made it in this year.  5 families and 13 Grandkids... that's a lot of people under one roof!  Especially considering the weather was cold and rainy all weekend.  The kids did manage to get out the first day and explore in the mud by the pond and under the house.  It was a little messy, but with a bunch of boys it was worth the adventure.  They even managed a little fishing in the afternoon.  Several fish caught, but nothing big enough to clean for dinner.  The next few days it rained all day so the activities included iPads, DS, Lego's, playing pool, wrestling, and shooting BB guns off the back porch.  They all got along really well and there was no fighting over toys or with each other.  Pretty amazing for so many kiddos so close in age.

The fisherman and women


Boys and guns

The pool sharks

Wrestling Uncle Pete

Hayden with her new hat and purse Nikki made for her

Hayden with Cousin Nikki, the knitting queen

A little Papaw snuggle time
Memaw decided a week or so before we came that she wanted the kids to put on a play acting out the Christmas story.  After a little stressing about costumes: a shepherd (Cameron), a cow (B), and an angel (Hayden) I managed to get everyone in something that resembled their character.  I actually made B's costume.  I had no pattern and it was only the second project I've done on my bargain Black Friday sewing machine, but I think it turned out pretty good.  I learned a lot doing it and in the end he was able to wear it... at least once :)  The older cousins organized the play and all the little ones acted it out.  They all did a great job and were SO cute!  Unfortunately, I spent the show behind the curtain.  Hayden decided she didn't want to make an appearance as the angel so I had to stay backstage with her and hold her out when it was her turn, crying and all!
Note to self: make sure the arm is out of the way when you sew the zipper

Little angel

My cuties


The cast and crew minus 2
 We headed home Christmas afternoon and did our family Christmas.  The kids were all so excited to get their presents.  Hayden got baby stuff.  A stroller, highchair (one I used as a little girl that I recovered... my 1st sewing project), cradle, a baby, and some other girly things.  Cameron got his long wanted blue dinosaur and Bryant a dragon castle.  They both got bow and arrows and several other things too, but, the best present (according to them) was a trampoline!!  It took a few days before we could get it set up, but when Daddy finally did, it was turned into a WWF throw-down ring.  Seems to be safer then wrestling in the house and a whole lot softer.  I'm thinking a lot of energy will be burned on this little gem!
My childhood highchair

Hayden's new and improved chair

Angry Birds was the theme this Christmas

The Blue Dino

"Awesome!" Bryant's favorite word this Christmas

Her "goods"

Trampoline (before the net was put on)

3 comments:

Alison, Jake, Addison, Avery and baby Bean said...

I didn't know you could sew! I love the highchair!

April :) said...

Oh my gosh...too funny...we got the same Imaginext Dino! Noah was and still is completely obsessed with it! Our boys are so much alike! Super cute job on the highchair!

Stephanie, Daneel, Avalon & Julie said...

How fun! And that high chair looks awesome!! What a great gift.