Another unfortunate thing that happened this year, a pesky little hurricane named Rina was also headed to the same place. Before I go too much further let me interject that the point of this blog is not to complain about our trip (we had a great time) but for our kids to someday read this and realize how much they really do mean to us. That said, back to the story.... Rina was headed toward us and went from a category 1 hurricane to a 2, then 3 (yes, I was nervous at this point), and then back to a 2, then 1, and finally to a Tropical Storm before she finally reached us 3 days later. Lots of wind and rain, but nothing terrible. The airlines on the other hand, more specifically American, decided that sounded VERY scary. They started to cancel flights 36 hours before Rina was due to arrive and finally, 24 hours before our flight was due to leave, cancelled ours as well (all the other airlines continued to fly). So our options became finding another airline and paying out the Wazoo for a last minute flight, or staying 2 days longer and missing both the boys last soccer games. As Cal put it, "I'm not ready to get back to the chaos, but I don't want to miss it either." Maybe you have to be a parent to understand that, but we opted for a change of airlines and got back the same day as planned.
So kids, I hope you read this one day when you think we aren't "fair" and "don't love you" and realize that your cheap parents skipped 2 extra days in Mexico (ALONE) and paid out the Wazoo all to get back to the chaos! We love you more then you'll ever know!
Before the storm came in we had a few pictures taken on the beach!









1 comment:
you look so beautiful!
Post a Comment