Cameron is playing soccer! He actually started a couple of weeks ago, but, go figure, I'm late at posting this :) I was a little nervous at first because after his first practice scrimmage he got in the car and said, "Mommy, I'm tired. I don't like this kind of soccer." Luckily, it has gotten much better and he really likes it. His first game he got out of the car and told me he was going to score 15 goals... we had to settle for 5! The only reason it was 5 was because he didn't play on the field the other 3 quarters. Yes, I know it is soccer and normally you don't play quarters but in the "grape league", as my dad calls it, you play 4 quarters. He has had 2 games since then and hasn't scored any more goals. I think he is a little apprehensive. He got a foul in the second game for pushing a boy down - blatant, in the back push (oops) and felt so bad he started crying. Since then he just hasn't been the same. I'm thinking Coach Davis (yes, that's Daddy) will help get him back in the swing of things pretty soon. He's still having fun though!Then you have the other two... yes, B and Hayden also make an appearance at the games. Hayden isn't overly impressed with the game itself, but thinks it's great when everyone talks to her.
Bryant on the other hand loves it! He has made a new best friend with Ms. Debbie. She happens to be a neighbor and Grandma of one of the boys on our team. The first game she brought cookies so I'll give you one guess where he was. He pulled his little chair right up beside her and never left her side, or stopped eating. By the time we left he had had a cookie, peanut butter crackers, a drink box and snack crackers. Who wouldn't love Ms. Debbie? She's like his own personal vending machine! He did manage to watch the game though. Whenever Cameron scored a goal he would run over to me for a high-5 and yell out, "Cameron scored!". So sweet! Every game you can find him sitting next to Ms. Debbie until he sucks her food supply dry. Then he's off to play chase with the boys on the sideline. I guess I should be happy he's working off some of those calories!There will be more to post on soccer soon, I'm sure!
Warming up with Daddy
Scoring a goal!




2 comments:
Cameron really is a great little soccer player! ...and yes it is very funny to watch Bryant with his all you can eat buffet each game!
So glad to be doing this with you guys :)
Ok that totally cracked me up about B. Avalon is EXACTLY the same way when it comes to all things snacky or sugary. Good times on the soccer field!
Post a Comment