Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Cutie and Superman

Last night I went to pick up the boys from the neighbors house after work. When we were leaving Mr. Winston (Mr. Winst as B calls him) came out and showed the boys some amazingly large caterpillars. These suckers were impressive: about an inch wide and 4 inches long (tomato hornworms)!!! I don't normally allow "non-fuzzy" things to come in the house, but I figured as long as they move slower then me and the boys will pick them up then we have a deal. So the boys ran home and started playing with them on the sidewalk while the grown-ups had a little catching up. About 5 minutes later, I look over just in time to see Bryant step on his! I ran over to check it out and see worm juice all over the ground.

Me: "Bryant! Why did you step on him?"
Bryant: "Cause, cause... he poinked me." (translation: he bit me)
Me: "Buddy, you can't do that. You'll kill him. I think you did.
Bryant: "But I told him I's sorry."

The thing was still alive, barely, so we made homes for each of them and the boys picked out names: after several prospects - crawly, drawly, and superworm, they decided on Cutie (Cameron's) and Superman (Bryant's). They kept them on their dresser overnight which I'm sad to report by this morning, Superman succumbed to his shoe injury. Don't worry, Bryant didn't seem to upset about it. We'll see what happens to Cutie.

No comments: