Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Times are Changing

If you know me at all, you know this is really something I have an issue with... change. Call me predictable, non-spontaneous, and maybe to some downright boring, but that is me. Like it or not - I'm working on it :) So, this school year is a little difficult. Just when I'm getting used to having the boys around all the time and getting into a routine, things change. And... just when I get used to them going to one school, we change.
Monday was the first day at their new school. I think we were all a little nervous walking in together but, pat on the back, no tears were shed (now next year for kinder, I may have to take the day off). Cameron is starting pre-k and going 3 days a week and Bryant is in Mother's Day Out and will go 2 days; Hayden is with me for awhile. As far as I could tell, from the little info they gave, the first day ended rather well and they both said they had fun and wanted to go back. Bryant's note from his teacher said he was, "cheerful and helpful". A good day, considering I had to pry him from my leg when I dropped him off. Cameron didn't get a note, but I am just happy he wanted to go back since he realized his best friend Ben wasn't going to school with him anymore. Day 2 starts tomorrow and so far not much protest on going back.
Maybe I need to take a lesson from my 2 and 4 year old and relax and embrace this change.

1 comment:

April :) said...

Glad it went good! I know I did much better this year. Seriously last year when Noah started kinder I cried everyday for the first month! Not joking! But so far this year I only cried a little the first day and am doing good! So far!!! Change is hard!