Tuesday, April 20, 2010

She's Here!!!

Tomorrow will be 1 week since our little Hayden Faith has arrived, and man has it been great! April 14th we headed to the hospital to be induced. Yes, an induction... never say never. I had said I wouldn't do one, but after Bryant being so big and coming so fast (an hour after we got to the hospital) my OB and a lot of prayer convinced me that it was the right thing. It all went well and after 10 hours, an epidural, and a lot of anxious anticipation she finally made her way into the world. She came out perfect and with lots of curly dark hair (I know... not quite sure where that came from) weighing 7lb 11oz and 19 1/4 inches. I really think if she had had her way she would have camped out another week so with everything going so well, I know we made the right decision.
Since we've been home, all she does is sleep. She's been really easy and I think God is answering my prayers for a baby that fits into our lifestyle. She only cries when she is hungry and then once she has a full belly she is back to sleep. We see those pretty eyes about an hour a day! She's doing pretty well at night too, waking up about every 2-3 hours and then going back down.

What do the boys think of all of this? Cameron is her biggest fan. He wants to hold her all the time and give her kisses and hugs. He loves to help with anything related to her and is just waiting until she is big enough to do something with him. Bryant is doing much better than I thought. I figured he would be jealous and unaccepting but he has proven me wrong. He is always asking where she is and asks to hold her sometimes. He thinks she is pretty neat and calls her "baby sisser". The picture was taken at the hospital the first time they met her... those are the boys each holding her hands.

I'll take it all! I feel so blessed to have 3 amazing, healthy kids and a wonderful husband that loves me so much. God is good!

3 comments:

Alison, Jake, Addison, Avery and baby Bean said...

love all the PINK! she's so sweet. glad everyone is adjusting so well.

Stephanie, Daneel, Avalon & Julie said...

She's Beautiful! 100% girl!! Congrats again and so glad everything is going so smoothly.

Lindsay said...

love the pics of baby girl. rylie was born with super dark colored hair too. coming from two not dark headed parents it was odd, but it changed pretty quickly.
glad to hear all is going well. oh, sweet baby girls.