With the end of school brought a new chapter in our lives. A new house! Since we weren't busy enough running to all the end of the year activities and finishing up baseball, we decided to throw a move into the mix. It was a little stressful to say the least but after 2 months of reno to the new house and several showings of the old house, everything fell into place. The whole process was bitter-sweet. Leaving a great house that we spent 6 years making ours and raising our babies in we ended up in a house that was far less than a dream home but close to daddy's work... as in, right next door! Yes, we now literally live steps from daddy's office. The whole thing has been an adventure. We have been in about a month now and so far the kids have played with tadpoles, chased kittens in the barn, ridden bikes around the clinic, made a fort out of trees, and played in rain water. There is always something going on and even if it is only for a few minutes the kids get to see daddy during the day. My favorite has been all the beautiful trees! I've realized my soul LOVES the sound of wind in the trees. It somehow reminds me of being little and just relaxes and calms me.
I won't pretend the house is great. Someone with a cruel sense of humor put WHITE tile throughout the entire house. My OCD is in overdrive and I'm constantly cleaning 3000 square feet of everything little feet can track in and spill on the floor, nothing is hidden. The house is dated. Things like popcorn ceilings, fluorescent lights, and fans with pull chains round out my favorites. In a comical, adventurous way I do like it and I'm embracing the change. Oh yeah, the fact that it is FREE makes it much more tolerable as well.
The whole thing makes me realize how much I love my little family and that circumstances are just those and being with FAMILY is the real blessing. We won't be here forever and I'm sure when that day comes I'll miss all the crazy quirks of this place and cherish the memories we will have made here. The long term plan is to buy land and build a house. No hard deadline, just waiting for God's timing. As for now I'll try to slow down and make those memories with my babies before they get too big!
 |
| Last picture at our old house |
 |
| I'll miss this back patio. Constructed by family with love. |
 |
| Packing up |
 |
| Hide and seek at the new house |
 |
| Helping with the kitchen demo... yes, those were green countertops. |
 |
| Hollywoody in the new kitchen |
 |
| Making friends with our neighbors |
1 comment:
love your perspective!
Post a Comment