Monday, September 1, 2014

I Took the Summer Off

That's really all it amounted to, that summer was just that, summer.  No gym going, little house cleaning, staying up late, getting up late, and definitely no blogging.  I slept in longer than I care to admit most days and allowed my children the privilege of watching every movie we own (cable had not been connected, yet).  That's not to say I didn't do a great job as the seasonal event planner.  Most of our activities did not start early, but we did make great use of the day and evening hours. Many trips to the water park and library (Cameron has a whole new LOVE of reading), play dates with friends, baseball games, church camp, Lego Fest, Caribbean Cruise to celebrate Grandpa & Grandma's 50th anniversary, trip to San Antonio, visit to Memaw and Papaw's, and the week before school started (and it was too hot to go outside and the event planner had given up) LOTS of PS4 and Wii playing.  We all had a great summer and were sad to see it go, but with a little honesty added in, grateful to get back to a schedule!!  Since pictures are worth 1000 words, I'll let them do the talking.


















No comments: