I'm convinced that we cannot have a party at our house (for Bryant anyway) that doesn't entail a bit of drama. I guess at least "drama" gets forgotten and fun memories are made to replace it, right? Well, this year B REALLY wanted to have a bounce house. We forewarned him that if it rained (like last year) then he couldn't have the bounce house and he would just have a party. He was good with it. So, plan A - bounce house reserved, party planned (by B's standards of course) and praying for no rain. Well, the night before there was a 50% chance of rain during party time. Plan B was devised after scouring Pinterest to find games to play with 20 kids! 8am the day of the party, a 60% chance of rain during party time. Plan B was implemented - bounce house cancelled, Wal-mart for last minute "games", and gently broke in to birthday boy there would be no house. I have to say, after all was said and done, that plan B was the better one! Lightsabor ball races, balloon wars in the trampoline, Lego straw races, Lightsabor fights (let's face it, that would have been plan A or B), they had a blast! Just enough to keep the kids entertained, but they still had lots of free time just to run and play. The rain actually never came (prayers answered, parents convicted), but after seeing 20 kids have lightsabor fights on a trampoline and around the yard I think not having a bounce house was a good thing... we limited it to just 1 fist fight ;) Bryant was so excited that his friends Emma, Bennett, and Marc came from school. His cousins made it in, and his other good friend Isaiah came too! I think honestly B was just excited to have a day that was planned just for him with people he really likes. I did learn one thing in this process, dark blue icing stains EVERYTHING and everyone and is the gift that keeps on giving the second day!









Bryant: I love that you had so much fun planning your party! I love
that your little face would light up each time party supplies came or
when you saw something I had made. I love that you wanted to invite
everyone you could think of to come spend your special day with you, and
that your list kept growing. I love that the first ones you wanted to
invite were your bother and sister. I love that after we made the
cupcakes you wanted to pick a special one for each kid that came. I
love that although this day wasn't "perfect" you still had a blast,
rolled with the punches, and partied on! I love that you are 6 and that
YOU ARE MINE!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment