Before I get back to the Disney details let me just say that I love writing this. I dread leaving something out, but I love thinking back through everything we did and remembering my kids excitement. This is my favorite, the memories!
Day 3: I am so glad people said to take 2 days at MK, because that is exactly what we did! MK the second time around was a little more relaxed. In fact, it was the only day the whole trip we went back for a nap after lunch. Hayden was again adorned in her "Sunbrella " dress and we let the kids tell us what things they wanted to do again, and we tried to pick up all the things we didn't do the first time (like that's possible). Hayden chose to do the carousel and ride her princess horse again and the boys chose the Barnstormer and Buzz Light Year. We went on Space Mountain and the boys LOVED it! I had to laugh because I had childhood memories of going with my sister and it being a horrible experience. I reasoned I had to go this time if they were going. Well, I still hate it. No, I didn't cry this time, but the entire time I was ready to get off. B decided to ride in the front, then it was Daddy, Cameron, and me. The whole time I was telling Cameron, "You're doing great, good job Buddy, etc, etc" only to get off and have them both jumping for joy. B said it was, "stupendous, superb, excellent!" (I didn't even know he knew some of those words)! We ended up going back later and they rode it two more times (with Daddy of course). Obviously, my boys are much braver then me! We went back for the evening fireworks and light show. We thought the kids should at least see the fireworks up close once instead of from the hotel balcony. Honestly, the firework show was better from the balcony but the light show was AMAZING! Seeing all the videos projected on the castle was way more then I had expected, and snuggling with my family while we watched it just made it that much more special. B actually stood up when it was over and was jumping up and down saying, "Thank you! Thank you!" for us taking them to Disney. Our only hiccups of the day were H getting pinkeye and Cameron getting buyers remorse after spending $15 on a light-up R2D2 that spins around. Crisis' averted, I had thrown in some eye meds when I was packing and Cameron finally settled down and decided R2 was a pretty cool toy.
Day 4: Animal Kingdom was another early morning; however, this time I had done my homework and we made good use of our time. The safari ride was hands down the best ride at the park. Cameron decided to play photographer while we were on it, and I think we have a picture of every animal we saw. At least it's digital, right?! We had breakfast with Mickey and the gang and then made our way to Bug's Life. Great show with some pretty shocking special effects. We made good use of our time in DinoLand. Hayden and G&G ventured over to the flying dinos and the playground while we took the boys on the Dinosaur ride. It was intense! I'm not sure the boys knew what to think when we got off (I'm not sure I did either). They were excited but on the verge of scared. I think if it would have lasted about 30 seconds more they would have hated it, but the timing was perfect and they were laughing about how they were about to get scared. Again, I had to endure another roller coaster for the sake of pride. Expedition Everest went forward, in the dark, and backwards, and again, the boys LOVED it and me, not so much. They did it twice and thought it was awesome! The Nemo show was a hit with everyone and Daddy did good getting us up front so we felt like we were part of the show. Flights of Wonder was better than I expected and the boys got picked to help out with the pre-show. Nothing too exciting, but they thought it was pretty cool. We stayed until closing and then headed back to the hotel to chill out and grab some dinner.
Day 5: I think waking up we could all feel that we had been there a long time. I was a Nazi and made everyone get up early to make use of the extended park hours. I'm not sure if it was because we were all tired by this point or if it just isn't a great park, but Epcot won our vote for least favorite park. There just didn't seem like there was a lot to do there, at least not with little kids. Soarin' was for sure the best ride at the park and had great special effects. Other then that it was hit or miss. Hayden and Grandpa rode the boat at Living with the Land 3 times waiting for us to get out of Soarin'. I guess that was enough to peek his interest in hydroponics because he conned Hayden and I into the behind the scenes tour. Did I mention there wasn't much to do with little ones? So we went. Luckily, Hayden had to go potty so she and I left after about an hour of BORING! Unfortunately, Grandpa got stuck in what was supposed to be an hour tour for like 3 hours! The boys, Daddy, and Grandma managed a couple of other rides before we all met back up for lunch at Biergarten. Food was so-so, but the entertainment was pretty fun. I think I liked it because it reminded me of my Grandparent's love of Polka music when I was little. We called it an early day and rode the monorail back to the hotel. Big hit with the kids! The rest of the afternoon was spent with the kids swimming and the adults relaxing and talking by the pool (minus Grandma who was a little under the weather). The kids enjoyed roasted marshmallows by the fire and then a movie on the beach. Honestly, it was nice to have a little down time before we had to leave and spend a little time checking out the hotel.
I think G&G going with us made the trip. It made it that much more fun for the little people and much more manageable for us big people. I'm not ready to go back for awhile, but I'm so glad I have the memories. Disney was magical!!
12 years ago
















2 comments:
I love your honest opinion of Epcot... haha BORING. I haven't been but if we do I'll have to get some tips. :)
Love reading about your trip! Such wonderful memories - you did a great job remembering the details and recording them.
Trying to get inspiration to blog about ours :)
Post a Comment