We did it! Yes, that is how I feel after our family vacation last month (well, end of January anyway) to Disney World! It is still all a bit of a blur, but was oh so much fun! I'm not a huge amusement park person but I have to admit that Disney is different than the normal park, and there really is magic there!
Day 1: Hayden put on her Sunbrella dress and we loaded up the stroller and headed across the pond to the Magic Kingdom. MK by far was my favorite park. I could have spend most of our trip there. There was so much to do, and the kids seemed to love everything. I had been briefed before we left about character signatures, so first thing I did when we walked into the park was plunk down $35 for books. I had a moment of shock and disbelief but then decided to stick with my original plan - it's going to be expensive so just relax and enjoy it. I did better the rest of the trip :) Anyway, it really was well worth it. The boys LOVED getting signatures and Hayden says her time getting the princesses signatures was her favorite part of the whole trip. She still talks about it and "Sunbrella". We started at Buzz Light Year and then meandered our way to Toontown. Everyone loved the Barnstormer roller coaster and the Dumbo ride. The boys convinced Grandma to do the Teacups with them and they all came back smiling (even Grandma). Our next plan of attack was to make it over to Thunder Mountain and really see what the boys could handle as far as roller coasters go. Let me just say they did not disappoint, in fact, I think we may have created adrenaline junkies. They laughed and had their hands up the entire ride. I wish I could say the same for poor Grandpa. He hasn't been known for his love of roller coasters and this trip proved that once again. He was a little motion sick after that one, and well, that was his last one. We took the raft over to Tom Sawyer's Island and surprisingly that was a big hit with the boys. I shouldn't be surprised, secret hideouts, guns, and kid size stuff is always a boy pleaser. We explored the Swiss Family tree house and while they thought it was cool, they didn't really get it. We've since solved that problem by getting the movie and after watching it 5 times in two weeks they are now big fans. We ended the evening with a character dinner. Winnie the Pooh and his gang were our hosts and after a long day of walking, the food was pretty good. Our last stop of the day was at the Mickey and Princess character signs. We discovered two things while there: 1) there is more than one Mickey Mouse signing autographs and 2) the boys get so excited when meeting princesses that they wrestle. Yes, my dear sweet boys began to wrestle while Hayden was meeting her favorite princess ever!!!! Luckily, we put a stop to it quickly (not before Grandma snapped a picture of Cinderella's face a gasp at the two hooligans) and Hayden was still able to have a sweet moment with her favorite. Hayden gave her a big hug and Cinderella took a moment to talk to her and fix her hair and dress. Hayden just stared at her in awe and had such a cute little meek look on her face, it was really such a sweet moment. After pictures she gave Hayden a kiss on the cheek and it wasn't until we walked out that I realized she left a lipstick kiss on her cheek. Priceless!! We were all done, so we road the boat back to the hotel and the boys discovered the trader cards for the transit drivers. They tried their best over the trip to collect all the boat cards (we didn't tell them they could get them from the bus drivers too). The kids watched the fireworks from MK out of our hotel window and then it was lights out!
Day 2: Saturday we hit the pavement early at Hollywood Studios. The plan was to take advantage of the extra morning hour and get some stuff done before the park opened to the public, but my lack of planning and the fact that the park doesn't have too much that runs early made that a bust. We did manage to get fast passes to the Toy Story ride which everyone else made a beeline for when the park opened. No kidding, we got to the ride 30 minutes after the park opened and the line was already an hour long! No worries, fast pass saved us. Luckily, my exploring hubby found a line for the Jedi Training Academy. I hadn't heard anything about it, but I am so happy he found it! It was by far the boys favorite thing at the park. They got to dress like Jedi's and fight Darth Vader with lifesavers. Every boys dream! They loved it, and Cameron even volunteered to be the first one to fight him. Way to go buddy!! The boys also rode the Star Wars ride with Daddy and Grandma while Grandpa, H, and I went on the Behind the Scenes Tour. From what I hear they got the better deal. They all loved playing on the Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground and we made it to the Beauty and the Beast show. I thought the show was amazing but Grandpa and Hayden weren't too impressed. They both decided it was a perfect time to fit in an afternoon nap! We finally had our turn on the Toy Story ride, and it didn't disappoint. I have to think competitiveness is somewhat hereditary and since I am, that means so are G&G. Since I married Daddy, the kids just may be cursed with it. Despite some good efforts by everyone, Daddy ended up the winner (but I gave him a run for his money)! Back at the hotel the boys explored the arcade with Daddy before it was fireworks and lights out!
Just think, that's only 2 days and I didn't even mention how much fun we had at the hotel swimming and having amazing chocolate shakes at the Roaring Fork restaurant and asking for ketchup!!
12 years ago














No comments:
Post a Comment