Sunday, September 9, 2012

School Rulz

School is officially in session (for the last 2 weeks, but who's counting)!  I'm a little sad to write that because we had such a great summer, and quite frankly, I enjoy having all three of my kiddos around.  Three does make life chaotic, but that is just the phase of life we are in and I have to admit most days I rather enjoy it. 
This year was Hayden's first year of school.  She is going 1 day a week in a 2 year old class and so far is doing great!  The teachers (and other helpers) have complimented her multiple times.  My favorite is that she is very well mannered and will actually take a nap!  I'm a little shocked at the "nap" part, but I guess school just wears you out.  I honestly had no idea how she would do, but she hasn't cried and has lots to tell me at pickup time.  Her favorite toys are some rather large plastic life-like farm animals, and she always tells me, "Hayden have fun outside."  Hopefully this good trend continues throughout the year!  Bryant is doing well.  After much debate and prayer, we decided to do pre-k 4 again.  He could have definitely gone to TK or kinder, but I didn't want him in school 5 days if it didn't count, and if we started kinder early that would make him 2 years younger then a lot of the boys.  So needless to say he isn't getting much of a challenge this year but he does like his new teacher and the kids in his class.  I'm trying to work with him at home on reading and sight words and he is always answering Cameron's math flash cards (a little competition is good for both of them, right?!).  His teacher tells me he is a great helper and a very good boy.
Cameron started FIRST GRADE!!!!  Am I really that old?!  As last year, he LOVES it.  He is always excited about going and has made friends with all the kids that are new this year.  His buddy Tyler is in his class again, so that makes life even sweeter.  His teacher Ms. Shatford, is new to the school and so far we really like her.  She is full of hugs and compliments and has that sweet spirit a teacher of young kids should have. So far the last 2 weeks have been a lot of review, but he is very proud to say he has gotten 100 (all check marks anyway) on all the math worksheets he has done.  His reading is really starting to take off and he seems to be liking it more than before.   His teacher told me twice in the second week that he is, "Such a sweet boy" and she just loves having him in her class.  Good job buddy, teacher's pet is a good place to be :)
Watch out 2012, here come the Davis kids!!!!






1 comment:

Stephanie, Daneel, Avalon & Julie said...

Fun to hear that they are all doing so well. You have 3 great reason to be proud! You all are terrific parents.