Thursday, May 31, 2012

And That's A Wrap!

My goodness, this past month has been a whirlwind!  Lots of activities coming to a close and I finally feel like I can come up for air and do something with the 250 pictures I just downloaded to my computer.  Here's a little glimpse into our crazy life:

Field Trips/Plays:  Cameron had 4 field trips the last month of school.  The zoo, the Ft. Worth Stockyards, Casa Manana to see Annie Jr., and finally to the local splash park.  I missed out on the Stockyards, but managed to make the other 3 (no small feet with two little ones that weren't allowed to attend).  It was kinda funny because there are only 9 kids in his class and almost all the parents came to all the field trips.  It was pretty much like a play date, but the kids loved it and it was fun to see them all interact with each other.  The school also put on an end of the year play and Cameron was part of the choir.  He did really well, and really got into the songs and choreography.  I think the best part is that he got to dress up as a knight!






Pre-K Graduation:  Bryant graduated from pre-k this year!  He did so well - learned to write his name and all the letters and numbers, can add like a champ and is pretty good with subtraction, is reading on the kinder level, and had an amazing attitude all year (a teacher's fav of course).  His teacher said he was great to start kinder, but age wise he can't start for 2 years.  It all works for me.  I like having him home and getting some extra time with him.  He can just keep learning a few days a week at school and spending a little QT with his momma!




Field Day:  Cameron had field day the last day of school.  It was SO much fun, I wanted to be a kid again!  I loved the way their school did it.  They had the whole school (all ages) break up into 5 or 6 groups and all the games were team games.  It was so sweet to see the older kids cheering on the little ones, and vice versa.  I just remember when I was in school the older kids paid no attention to the little ones, so it was neat to see them working together and not afraid to talk and give some high-five's.  They had a few individual competitions, and Cameron ended up getting second in shooting hoop's!  He did great, but I have to question those 6 graders he beat?!





Kidz Quest:  Both of the boys participated in Kidz Quest this year.  It is a program at the local church where they learn about Jesus and do fun activities for an hour and a half each Wednesday night.  Cameron had lessons to complete each week at home and a scripture to memorize.  He did amazing!  Most weeks he memorized the verse before I did!  He was so excited about earning a trophy for memorizing all the verses and both boys participated in an end of the year musical.  Bryant was picked out of his class to have a speaking part. 



Baseball:  Baseball season has finally come to an end... whew!  It was actually a lot of fun for the boys, but you can imagine games, practices, and all of the above mentioned activities and the last month has been CRAZY!!  Bryant did great at t-ball.  He liked it and really came on strong this year.  He was aggressive and went after all the balls and was a really consistent hitter.  I think he wanted it to be a little faster pace, he would get a little bored if he played a position the ball never (or hardly ever) came, but he still paid attention and didn't get caught playing in the dirt after the first couple of games :)  Cameron did really well.  He was one of the few that actually understood the game.  He is turning out to be a great hitter, and his fielding is really coming along.  He surprises me sometimes with the plays he makes.  He actually made All-Stars this year and we are all very excited about that.  It is neat to see him with all the really good boys and see him elevate his play... more on that in a different post.

Lastly, I'll just mention Haydie-Bug here.  She has been such a trooper going to all her brother's activities.  We have actually forgotten what time her bed-time is because she has stayed up late for so long.  Funny thing is she gets excited about baseball "pac-tice" (as she calls it) and the games.  Probably more because she knows it will be an all you can eat "shnack" (snack) fest with the added bonus of playing in the dirt.  She gets dirtier then the boys do playing!




1 comment:

April :) said...

Busy busy!!! Thats another thing about being the 3rd kid you just get drug all around!! Noah loves field day @ his school tooo! This year he was telling Ethan it is so fun but you will have to wait a long time because it is at the end!!!