Tuesday, April 3, 2012

March Madness

March was a crazy month.  I'm not glad it's over, I enjoyed every minute of it, but I've now realized I have 170 pictures I just uploaded from my camera and no blog to show for it.  So, here's my best attempt to sum up the last 30 or so days and show a few of those pictures:

Spring Break:  We headed down to G&G's for a little country livin'.  The boys have been wanting to make some money for awhile now, so Grandpa had lots of jobs lined up when they got there.  Driving the tractor, burning brush, moving rocks, washing cars, helping with the cows... lots of fun and not so fun things to earn a little Lego money.  We also went with Grandma one day to a kids amusement park and let the kids run wild.  They all had a great time and Hayden decided the Merry-Go-Round and train were her favorites.  Grandpa also surprised the kids with a baby calf to bottle feed.  One of the cows had twins and didn't want one of them, so Grandpa had to become "mommy".  He says he is going to raise it up and sell it, but I have a feeling little Timmy may be hard to let go of. 






Baseball, baseball, baseball!:  It is officially underway!  Both of the boys are playing this year and loving it.  B is playing tee-ball.  He started off the season playing in the dirt, literally.  I would be yelling at him to stop and pay attention and he would say, "The ball never comes here!"  Well, at his first game he was playing in the dirt (I had given up after two practice games of yelling at him) and a ball went RIGHT by him.  It was the best thing that could have happened.  I guess he got embarrassed, but now he is all in!  No matter where the ball is hit he starts running that way to see if he can help.  He even yells for the other kids to throw him the ball when he is on first.  He is a very consistent hitter and gets on base everytime.  Fielding needs a little work, but he's 4 and that will come.  I'm just glad he is paying attention and enjoying it now.  Cameron is extremely excited about baseball!  He has wanted to play for a few seasons, but we have put it off because of the huge commitment (practices 1-2 times a week and games 1-2 times a week).  He did really well at tryouts and actually had several coaches wanting him for their team. Luckily, Daddy is assistant coach with a friend, so no drama there.  He has a really good arm, is pretty good in the field, and after a little practice with Daddy last weekend, is hitting doubles!  I really think baseball is going to be his sport, but he is still young and has several other sports he wants to try (he'll be waiting for football for awhile!).  I just think they look stinkin' cute in their uniforms!  Hayden likes baseball, too.  It means staying up late and getting to eat all sorts of junk food that the boys were never allowed to eat at her age.  The joys of being #3... good or bad, we don't care about that stuff any more!  Just be happy so we can watch the game :)