The boys are big time into Lego's now. They have A LOT, but like any 6 and 4 year old, they never think they have enough and are always wanting more. About 3 days ago, Bryant saw a fireman set in a Lego book and since, has been bugging us day and night about ways to make money so he can buy it. He even swept the garage and driveway without being asked and wanted to know how much money he would get paid. I loved the enthusiasm, but told him he wasn't getting paid for every little thing he did and that Daddy and I would come up with some things they could do to make money. Yesterday, I decided to let them help me clean the house. I told them they would get paid by how well they cleaned. They were all in! I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised by how well they both did. Very little complaining and they both were asking for more to do. They took turns scrubbing sinks and bathtubs, dusting everything they could get the rag on, cleaning windows, taking out the trash, and picking up. After about two hours their attention span was gone, and most of my cleaning supplies (Bryant was having races with the Windex down the windows- he would spray about a half a bottle on the top and try to wipe it all before it got to the bottom... he didn't always win). They really did do a good job and it made me smile to see how little minds can make a game out of cleaning a sink or dusting the blinds. Maybe I should learn something from them?! They are content for now with the $5 they each made. Not sure what the next job will be, but if they do it with the same enthusiasm and hard work we might go broke paying them. Good thing they have already called Grandpa and told him they are ready to work during Spring Break. We'll call it sharing the wealth!
 |
| B pretending the sponge was sledding in the sink |
 |
| Cam using the blind cord as a zip line |
 |
| What I found when he was done cleaning |
1 comment:
What a great idea! If they want to earn a little more money, you can send them to my house ;)
Post a Comment