Thursday, December 22, 2011

Getting Our Christmas On

The past several weeks have flown by.  Even though we managed to pack in a lot right here before Christmas, I think we have still managed to keep the holiday spirit and keep focused on the true meaning of Christmas.  At least I think....
Let's see... the festivities started with a trip to Six Flags Holiday In the Park!  My boss is nice enough to take each of the employees and their families each year and I still managed an invite even though I am only working relief.  We decided Hayden was still a little young to brave the late hours and cold weather, so a great sitter for her and we were off!  LOADS of fun!  There were a lot of people this year so we didn't make a ton of rides, but we enjoyed all the ones we went on.  The boys even got to play some games and come home with a couple of those ridiculously big animals and light up swords (thanks to the best boss ever!).  As we were leaving Cameron said, "Mom.  When we pray tonight, I'm going to say this whole thing was the best part of my day!"
The festivities continued at school.  Both of the boys participated in a Christmas performance and sang songs.  They both looked so stinkin' cute up there on stage!  We were surprised when we got there and noticed  Cameron's name in the program as an "Instrumentalist".  I was a little puzzled as to this great musical talent I knew nothing about.  When the time finally came, he came down, played a noise maker, and then went back to his place.  So much for Mosart!  It was fun to see them both singing and getting excited about the musical though.  Both of the boys also had Christmas parties at school.  Hayden and I made Bryant's party and got to see all the kiddos in their PJ's and help serve breakfast.  B thought he had died and gone to heaven with the menu: milk, juice, donuts, pig's in a blanket, grapes, hot chocolate,and of course candy for dessert.  Funny how he couldn't have planned a better meal himself!  Unfortunately, we didn't make Cameron's party.  When you have a little brother and sister and all they get to do at the party is watch you eat and make a gingerbread house, you get to go alone.  He didn't mind though, he had a blast with all his friends and brought home WAY too many goodies. 
We ended the festivities with a performance at Kids Quest.  The funny part was that we all got to practice the songs ahead of time because they sent home a CD with the songs.  I think these memories will be better than the actual performance.  It was so sweet to see them sitting in the backseat of the car jammin' to songs about Jesus.  Hayden got in on the act too!  She would clap her hands and make animal noises with her big brothers!  Priceless.






2 comments:

Alison, Jake, Addison, Avery and baby Bean said...

love it! You're kids are precious. I'm loving Addie's face in the class picture... she must have been mid-yawn. haha

April :) said...

So super cute!!!