Saturday, December 10, 2011

Being Thankful

This post is coming a little late, but as they say, better late then never!  This year for Thanksgiving we spent a little over a week at G&G's house.  Lots of fun and a little relaxation (for me).  We were able to see pretty much everyone and catch up with the extended family.  Both of my Grandma's celebrated their birthdays while we were there.  Mimi turned 91 and Gigi 92!


The kids had a blast, as usual!!  The boys spent their time hanging out with Grandpa and Colin feeding cows, driving the Ranger, digging in the dirt, and eating at Circle G.  The only time I had to put my Mommy foot down was when I heard Grandpa was letting the boys (Cameron and Bryant... 5 and 4 year olds) drive the tractor (yes, large 2 ton tractor with cab) while he walked along side the tractor and picked up cactus.  What part of that sounds like the prelude to a really bad story???!  My thoughts exactly!  So the remedy was to allow Colin, my 15 year old nephew, to drive.  I know, we all need help!  He's a good driver though, and there were no incidents to report... at least in my ignorant world.  Hayden hung out with the girls and found a LOVE for baby dolls!  Funny how you don't have to teach them these things.  She rocked her babies, put them to bed, and fed them just like a good little momma.  Hmmm, I wonder what she is getting for Christmas? 
Daddy had to work the first few days, but then came down and joined us.  He took Cameron hunting with him, and they got 2 deer!  Nothing mount worthy, but they hunt for the meat anyway.  The rest of us joined them for the afternoon at the Ranch and ended up having a little target practice.  It was a fun day, topped off by a trip to see some baby goats on the way home.  We were all filthy and stunk like a barn, but it was all lots of fun!




I wanted to make sure the boys realized the significance of Thanksgiving, so this year we started about a week before and every night said one thing we were thankful for.  I can't remember everything they said, but the first day stuck in my mind:  Cameron said, "for Hayden" and Bryant said, "for my toys".  I'm thankful for my 3 little munchkins, a husband that loves me, and a Savior who gave his life for all of us!

1 comment:

Alison, Jake, Addison, Avery and baby Bean said...

I LOVE that last picture of all 3 kids! So cute. Sounds like a great time was had by all.