Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Hot and Cold

It's really amazing to me how the weather in Texas can be so crazy and change so fast. Take for instance the last 5 days...
this past weekend we went to East Texas to visit Memaw and Papaw. Gorgeous weather, high of 70!!! We spent almost the whole weekend outside. The boys helped build a bonfire, pick-up pine cones, roast hot dogs, make smores, go fishing, and just ran and played. We had a great, relaxing time (at least I did) and enjoyed Memaw's great cooking and a few friendly (mostly) card games. Daddy and Papaw worked a little harder than the rest of us, but I still think they would say it was fun.


Fisher Boys: Bryant caught that fish all by himself. Cameron caught that fish by hooking it in the side?! Don't ask me... not sure how that happened.


Baby Girl enjoying the weather with Memaw


Waiting to roast hot dogs on the fire.


then we have the last couple of days. Highs in the low 20's and windchill in the NEGATIVE numbers! Yes, my friends. COLD! So cold, our pipes have frozen to our house (i.e. no running water) and it isn't supposed to be above freezing for two more days. Doesn't that sound lovely... or should I say, won't we smell lovely! At least Cal has managed to get a hose directly from our well to the kitchen sink so at least we have 1 form of (ice cold) water. The kids and I are all suffering from "cabin fever" but we are thankful we don't have to worry about staying warm or if we will have food to eat. I'd like to think we are getting a small taste of pioneer days but I still think they would call this luxury.


We managed to make it outside once. Cameron slipped and fell and B started crying because he was so cold. That ended our 10 minute adventure

Cameron helping me do dishes with our new best friend "hose water"


At least Hayden is keeping us entertained. This is her "old man" face

No comments: