Thursday, December 9, 2010

Shooter Guns That Go Pam

The boys have recently learned about money. Daddy sat down with them and did a 3 & 4 year old version of tithing, saving, giving, and spending. Cameron got it. Bryant, well, he just likes to play with it all. At least it is a start, right? Anyway, the other day we were at the store and they decided they wanted to spend a little of their money. Where did they head? The toy isle of course. They went from cars, to games, to transformers, and finally ended up at the guns. I know, "joy", my thoughts exactly. They decided to pool their money and come home with a $10 Nerf Twin Pack, ages 8+. I was excited they didn't blow all of their money and thought the age suggestion was probably a little high... how hard is it to pull the trigger, right? Ok, let me just tell you these things can shoot! About 20 feet to be exact and with a little power behind them. My only saving grace is that the bullets (bullops as B calls them) are foam. I think it is actually going to be a good thing because we can teach them about gun safety at the same time... never to early to learn that. Rule #1: no using the shooter guns (as B calls them) to pam your brother. I'm not sure where the term pam came from but that is what the boys say instead of shoot about half the time (so sweet).

So, so far so good. No injuries to report at this time. Oh, and that age thing... pretty accurate. Two adults in this household, who shall remain nameless, have had a friendly shooting contest - yes, of course I won.




Maybe I had a little help

1 comment:

Alison, Jake, Addison, Avery and baby Bean said...

I heard a lot of pam pam when I watched the boys... I said, "Who's pam?"