Friday, October 24, 2008

Pumpkin Pandemonium






While visiting my parent's we headed to the local pumpkin patch, literally around the corner (I love small towns!). The above pictures are what we salvaged from the day. The first one is pretty indicative of the experience. Cameron couldn't sit still long enough to take a picture, besides the cheesy "foot on the pumpkin" shot he poised for unprompted (there are those boots again!), and Bryant was not very happy anytime his feet touched the ground. Maybe that was my fault for not putting shoes on him but I really think it is more he is really a Mommy's boy right now (which I do love) and doesn't like to be put down in unfamiliar places. Anyway, we got a couple of shots and then picked a pumpkin out to take home.






We waited until this week to have our carving party. I'd like to say it went better but really the only ones interested in the whole thing were me (taking pictures) and the dogs for the "pumpkin guts". Cameron thought the pumpkin carving tools were the greatest things ever and had a great time playing with his "knives" in his little make believe world (the boy has an awesome imagination). He did stop long enough to tell Daddy he wanted the pumpkin to have heart shaped eyes but then he was back to his own little world. Bryant could have cared less about the pumpkin. He instead played with the utensils and the dogs bowl (a little gross I do agree but sometimes you just have to go with it). When he realized he could crawl around in the grass that was the end of it (yes, he can walk but who wants to walk when you can get grass stains on your jeans!). Anyway, he made a break for it across the yard. Luckily the dogs headed him off with a little "lovin'" on the top of his almost balled head. Guess we will try again next year. Thanks for being a good sport and carving the pumpkin Dad!!!

2 comments:

teamwilhite said...

Impressive pumpkin! I love the pics. Sounds like you guys had a fun time!

Heather said...

Hey Cyndi Great Pumpkin Pix..your boys are so precious! I can't tell my boys I used that word for BOYS but that is just what they are! Happy Fall! PS I found your blog on Lanessa's blog...sneaky huh?