Saturday, September 20, 2008

Weekend of Fun


Weekend's with boys... what could be more fun?! We started off the weekend with a little gardening and rearranging plants. If you are like us we decided to get rid of the builders landscaping and redo it ourselves. It has been an ongoing process and just when poor Cal thinks I am done I come home with more plants or decide I don't like where one is and have him move it. He gives me that look (all you women know it) and then asks with a little sigh where I want it. Thanks for being so accommodating Babe! Needless to say with two little ones they get to join in the fun. Cameron was busy collecting worms and helping Daddy dig holes between trips to the sand box and slide (yes those are worms he is holding in the picture... gross!!!). Bryant slept through the first part of it but made up for any fun he'd missed when he woke up. He isn't walking yet but is pulling up on anything and doesn't mind crawling through the grass and getting his hands dirty. After trying to keep him on a blanket in the yard to no avail we decided the best place for him was in the wagon tagging along. He actually did pretty well there as long as it moved every once in a while.
After the boys afternoon naps we headed to the Conklin's house for a little fellowship, food, and horseback riding! We managed to invite ourselves over since our horse lives at their house. Cal asked if they would mind if we came over to ride in the afternoon and before poor Lee Ann knew it she was fixing dinner for all of us! Luckily she is extremely laid back and welcomed us with open arms. We had a great time hanging out and the food was delicious! Cameron had a blast playing with Hallie and Carson and loved riding King. As you can tell from the picture he suited up in his best cowboy boots and hat for the occasion (thanks to Titan for the hand-me-downs). Bryant got to ride too. He laughed every time King would start walking... it was too cute! We decided his ride was over when he started pulling stuffing out of the saddle... leave it to a baby to find the hole.

We (or should I say the boys) finished the weekend by putting together Bryant's new crib. To make a long story short there was a recall on our old crib and we had to buy a new one (I think it is just a scam by Babies-R-Us to get you to spend more money on a new crib... it worked). Of course Daddy's #1 helper was there with screwdriver in hand ready to go! He was quite the apprentice until he spotted all the hangers in the closet. Nice abstract art, don't you think? Good job on the crib guys, it looks great! Oh, Bryant helped too but finally got sent outside to swing because he missed his morning nap and was a little too grouchy for close quarters. He was having a blast and then his eyes got heavy and well... I'll let the picture speak for itself. Life is precious!

3 comments:

The Cokenour Family said...

I love the pictures! I see all the fun weekends I have to look forward to with little man! Yea for worms!

Alison, Jake, Addison, Avery and baby Bean said...

cute pictures! Sounds like you had a fun weekend.

teamwilhite said...

Oh how sweet! Good pictures! Thanks for having us over tonight we enjoyed it.