Monday, January 5, 2015

Christmas Past

Christmas has come and gone and while I feel like we did so much to try and slow down this year and think of others, it still was a whirlwind.  Christmas day was at Memaw and Papaw's house.  Unfortunately, Papaw was feeling a little under the weather but that didn't stop the kids from having a great time with cousins and all of us eating VERY well (good thing we only stayed about 24 hours!).

Grandma, Grandpa and the rest of the gang came up for New Year's and we finished off Christmas and rang in the new year together.  Lots of staying up late, sitting in close quarters, and eating was what it was all about.  I love spending time with family and beginning a year that way made it even better.

Christmas highlights for the kids included:
Cameron- ripstik, Lego's, and Maddin football
Bryant- scooter, Lego's
Hayden- Frozen, Frozen, and Frozen with a little animal barn thrown in

My highlights of this holiday were-
Doing Operation Christian Child boxes with the kids.
Watching the boys piano and guitar recitals and Hayden dance in the school program.
Bryant riding by me on his new scooter saying, "I love you mom.  Your the best mom ever. I love you all the way to the sky.  I love you all the way to Jupiter."  Hilarious!!!... and lots of fun :)
Hayden looking at her presents and saying, "This better be my barn.  I really want that barn."
Opening How To Train Your Dragon 2 a day early so we could all watch it together.
Not having to get up early OR do homework for 2 weeks (I think I might have been more excited about that than the kids)!!!








No comments: