Monday, December 9, 2013

Icepocalypse 2013

It's starting early this year.  We have been iced in for the last 4, FOUR, cuatro, make that 5, FIVE, cinco days (just got the email)!!!!  Luckily daddy has been home most of the time, but he occasionally has found an excuse to get in his 4x4 and get out... I call not fair!  The boys got to miss school on Friday and now today on Monday.  Hopefully things will be back to normal tomorrow but with the temps only getting above freezing for about an hour today I'm a little hesitant to call it good.  It actually hasn't been too bad, we have still had water and electricity and despite the frigid temps on Saturday (a high of like 18) we have managed to get out and play in it a few days.  Yesterday was probably the best.  All the ice had melted just enough to make perfect snowballs!  We had a fight, daddy and Hayden against mommy and the boys.  Pretty much I was the snowball maker and the boys pelted daddy... or actually more like daddy pelted the boys :)  The kids made an ice fort and went sledding down our front ditch (at least that thing has a good use every once in awhile) and Hayden ate her body weight in snow! 
We have also managed a lot of food making.  Daddy made his famous homemade pizza with the help of 3 munchkins and it turned out AMAZING!  We finished 2 baking sheets of pizza in 1 meal... delish!  I even made my first batch of beans.  Turned out good, but we are saving them for tonight since daddy ventured out last night and brought home dinner.  Hot cocoa, chocolate chip cookies, and puppy chow from the neighbor has rounded out our diet (gym I miss you).
Lots of Minecraft and Wii for the boys.  The 30 minute rule has gone out the window and today is "all you can play" as long as you have practiced your piano... sometimes you just have to bend the rules to get by - and be the best mom in the world :)
Really enjoying the time as a family (and the dog) but I must say I was a little jealous that daddy went back to work today!









No comments: