The boys have decided that they are into dinosaurs. Therefore, I wasn't surprised when Cameron came to me the other day and said he wanted to buy a T. Rex he saw in a kids magazine. Both boys have been saving their money for awhile and so we got it out to see how much they each had. After tithing, saving, and giving to others, Cameron was 5 dollars short of the money he needed to buy the T. Rex. Bryant made us so proud because as soon as he heard this he offered to give Cameron the $5 so he could go buy it (such a sweety). While we wanted to praise B for his generosity to his brother, we decided it was best for Cameron to earn the rest of the money so this wouldn't become a habit - 5 year olds learn fast :). Cameron's response, "Can I work inside? I don't want to get all sweaty and have to take a shower." Really?! I tried to take the opportunity to tell him that because Adam sinned in the Garden of Eden man now had to make a living by the sweat of his brow, so he better get used to it. I'm not so sure he got it. Anyway, you can imagine what a LONG week it was for all of us! Finally Thursday, we went to purchase the dinosaur. I found one on sale so although he hadn't made all of the $5, with it being on sale, he now had enough to buy it. He walked up, pulled it off the shelf, and then said, "this isn't the one I wanted because it doesn't have the DVD like the one at the other store". Note to self: check EVERYTHING when comparing at different stores. Daddy finally decided we had all had enough of the dinosaur saga so we took him to the other store and he bought the T. Rex, WITH the DVD!
Now, 3 more dollars to be worked off this weekend. We just might need ideas for more jobs!
12 years ago






1 comment:
hahaha... love the part about you telling him he would have to work by the sweat of his brow like Adam. :)
Post a Comment