Friday, May 27, 2011

I Passed, I Passed!!!

As of this week Cameron is officially graduated from pre-k! I'm not exactly sure what that means, but according to him, "I passed!!". I didn't know you "graduated" from preschool but evidently you do... cap, gown, tassel, and all. I must admit the whole thing was pretty cute. He had such a huge smile on his face and was so proud of himself. We were proud of him too, of course! He learned so much this year and just this week has started reading!!! It's a work in progress but it is so awesome to see him figure things out and read a sentence. We were also so proud that his behavior was perfect this year. Honestly, we expected it to be, but let's face it, well behaved kids are a blessing and it was great to end the year never getting off "green". His teacher was at a loss for words expressing how much she loved having him... such a sweet boy!
Just before graduation the kids put on a play called "Rats." Cameron and his buddies were, of course, rats! He has a cute little stinker, rat nose and all!




Since I'm catching up on my big boy here, I might add that soccer season ended several weeks ago (call me Johnny on the Spot). It was another fun year and Cameron did such a great job! He scored several goals through the season and did an even better job playing defender -- I'm thinking it may be in the blood :) He really understands the game and gives his all when he is out on the field. The last game of the season was against a really good team and it was awesome! We ended up tying 4-4 (Cameron scored 1 goal) but the whole game was SO good you didn't want it to end.
A funny story: The last 2 minutes of the game all the boys were playing HARD and 1 little boy just really didn't get it all year. He was the, pick flowers and play "tag" during the game kinda kid. Well, the other team had a kick on our goal and all the boys were lining up to defend the kick and this little boy was off in Neverland. Cameron sees him and yells, "Come on ____!" and was trying to get him to pay attention and help out. It didn't work, but it was so cute to see him so into the game and realize they needed everyone to play hard. Kudos to Daddy for coaching this team once again and for all the patience and time it takes to work with 4 and 5 year old's. As all the parents said, "I couldn't do it".



If you are wondering what the other 2 do during soccer games:


Hayden hangs out with Ms. Vicki (Mom of 3 boys and secretly wants a girl)


and Bryant hangs out with Ms. Debbie (aka the snack lady) or Aaron's Dad - the "Cowboy" (no pictures of him).

No comments: