Monday, September 7, 2009

Camp Ozarks

Labor Day weekend we headed off to Arkansas for Daddy's family reunion. No, he isn't from there but it was a central location since his family lives all over the US. We stayed at a camp and the boys loved it! Cameron was into fishing, playing with his cousins, and miniature golf. He was actually really good at golf and liked to play every spare minute. Bryant on the other hand prefered the local wildlife - cats and Grand-Daddy Long Legs. His other favorite, helping everyone playing golf get a hole-in-one (he'd pick up the ball and put it in the hole for you... that's where it goes, right?). It was great meeting all the people I address Christmas cards to every year and have never met, and being able to learn about Cal's extended family. We are definitely up for the next one!

I did terrible taking pictures on this trip. Hopefully Uncle Kirk will hook us up soon with some good ones.

Cameron ringing the "ding-bell" for dinner









Sharing what else? Ice cream at dinner!


The trip overall was awesome, but I just have to add this little story: On the way down the mountain B got carsick (all over the back of the car). So we pulled over in a motel parking lot and proceeded to do the best we could at cleaning the back of the car. I told Cal I was going to find a water hose to clean out the car seat so I went into the office at the motel. Here's our conversation:

Me: My son just got sick in his car seat and I was wondering if I could borrow your water hose to clean out his seat?
Woman: No thank you.
Me: No thank you, I can't use it?
Woman: No. You'll mess up my place.
Me: You've got to be kidding me! You won't let me use your water hose to clean out his seat?
Woman: No.
Me: I hope you have a GREAT day!

So there you have it! She sent her husband out a little later probably to ask us to leave, but he just looked at us and walked off without saying anything. So if you happen to be in Clarksville, AR and need a place to stay I'd boycott the Budget Inn.

3 comments:

Alison, Jake, Addison, Avery and baby Bean said...

oh my gosh! I can't believe she said that. I'd be so mad....

Lindsay said...

that story, while not funny at the moment, is funny to me now. i can't believe she wouldn't help you out in that situation. some people. she must not have kids, and if she does, she probably shouldn't with that attitude. glad to hear everything went well.

The Gecks said...

I'm glad it was you and not me.... nice words would have been hard to find!!!