Monday, April 20, 2009

The Wheels on the Bus

I pulled it off!!! Maybe I should say my Mom pulled it off (thanks Grandma) and Cameron got his school bus ride! If you are a little lost, I promised Cameron before we started potty training that once he was fully potty trained he could take a ride on a school bus. I don't quite understand either, but for whatever reason small children are fascinated with school buses... maybe because they have never been on one? Little did I know when I uttered this promise, but that is a tall order these days with all the rules and regulations that now govern the "Yellow Dog". We had to make a 5 hour trip south in order for this whole thing to take place (I'll spare you the details)!
It was all worth it though and despite the nervous look on his face the whole time he said he liked it! I'm not so sure buses will have the same fascination in the future but at least now he can say he's been on one. At least now I can say he is fully potty trained and I fulfilled my promise (only about 3 months after the fact... uhh who's counting, right?). My real "proud Mom" moment was that he let Bryant ride the bus with him. We left it up to him if he wanted B to ride since it was his reward; and, at the last minute he said yes and wanted him to sit in the seat right next to him. Such a great big brother!

Awesome job Buddy... we are so proud of you!!!!



I threw in a couple of other pictures of the boys having a blast at Grandma and Grandpa's house in the rain.




Funny side note: On the way home we stopped about 2 1/2 hours into our trip for a potty and lunch break. We went in to use the facilities and while in there it started smelling bad. I thought there must be someone in the stall next to us "having problems". Cameron and I got done and I picked up Bryant (who has touched everything in the bathroom at this point) so we could all wash our hands, and the smell got a lot worse. I looked over and saw the stall next to ours empty and decided to be nice and flush the toilet since someone obviously had forgotten. When I went into the stall there was nothing there. A little puzzled I decided the sewer must be backing up when all of a sudden it dawned on me... I was holding the backed up sewer! 20 wipes later and a new outfit we were back on the road and made it the rest of the way without incident. Never a dull moment with these two!!!