Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Spring Break 2009

I think the picture itself sets the mood but in case you need more detail I'll fill you in on Davis/Keehan/Vontur Family Spring Break 2009. Our destination... beautiful Lake Tahoe!!! This was a delayed Christmas vacation since my brother and his wife couldn't make Christmas in Tahoe. Unfortunately, they couldn't make Spring Break either but we decided we had waited long enough so we went without them (sorry guys, we really did miss you). My parents and sister's family all met there for a little R&R. The weather was gorgeous and we were blessed to have 16 inches of fresh snow! Cal, my brother-in-law, and niece all took up snowboarding and did pretty well. I went down my first black diamond (yes Colin, I said went down and not skied down!). My Mom even decided at the age of... uh... senior citizen, to try skiing. I'm happy to report no injuries and lots of fun! The boys highlights of the trip:

Bryant: Loved the bus ride to the airport and did great on the plane ride home (let's not talk about the plane ride there or the 1st 2 days!). He loved playing with his cousins, the new cars he got on the trip, and watching the snow fall from inside the house. We discovered he is a beach boy and is not at all fond of cold weather, cold weather clothing, or snow (he and Grandpa where 2 peas in a pod).

Cameron: Also loved the bus ride and plane ride, watching movies, and playing with his cousins. He got to participate in his first snowball fight, made his first snowman, and skied for the first time (we were more excited then he was... check out the video)!!! Overall an awesome trip with lots of great memories. Thanks Aunt Cathy and Uncle John for inviting us!
There's a slide show in the margin of more pictures :)

No comments: