Today we reached a whole new level. Cameron got to go to work with Mommy! To make an extra long story short... he got the stomach bug again yesterday and last night our babysitter was sick so called in that she couldn't make it this morning. We were all out of options because I couldn't call in sick with only 1 other doctor there today, our backup babysitter has kids that we didn't want to get sick, and we have no family around (what were we thinking when we moved here anyway?). We'll, this was the executive decision... Bryant goes to backup sitter and Cameron goes with me. Sounds like a winner, huh? Turns out he did great! The portable DVD saved the day and of course what kid wouldn't love seeing animals all day?! My only regret is that I had to remove a dog's eye and of course (despite my best efforts) Cameron had to take a peak. It wouldn't have been so bad if it hadn't already popped out by itself (sorry to those of you with weak stomachs) and looked so unpleasant. He did great with it though. Just kept checking in that things were going well and when I was all done gave me 5 for doing such a good job (according to him) and asked if I was going to take the dog's other eye out(poor dog)! I just hope I don't look back on this one day and wonder why he is in therapy!
Reminds me of an old vet who once told me his daughter would chase cats around his clinic with a bread bag on her arm saying, "Here kitty, kitty, kitty!". Maybe this is the first of many "vet" stories to come... but let's hope not!
13 years ago




4 comments:
if you ever need me to watch the boys I can be another back up sitter.
Next time that happens I better get a phone call Cyndi Davis! and I am SERIOUS!
oh no. i would have cried at the eye removal...so he is awesome. maybe he'll grow up and be a vet just like you and your hubby. so cute though.
You guys are all so sweet! I wouldn't want our germs to infect your sweet babies.
Post a Comment