We just got back from a trip to Cancun and only have this little guy to show for it (and a nice little tan if I do say so myself -- if you aren't impressed you should have seen me before). It's not that we didn't have a good time, on the contrary we had an awesome time, but it just wasn't a vacation that the camera came out much. I should backtrack and say the girls had a nice vacation and the guys actually had to "work" much of the time. We went with Cal's 2 business partners and their wives for the Dave Ramsey small business conference. If you haven't heard of Dave he is a Christian Financial Advisor that has written books and has a radio and TV show all about personal finance and small business. Anyway, the girls went to "bond". Mission accomplished -- long days of the beach, cornflake chocolate things I WILL try to make, and a jungle full of zip lines was more than enough to seal the deal. We left the boys with my parents for the week and didn't worry about them once. Besides Cameron having a virus for a couple of days they both seemed to have a great time. Cameron really didn't want to talk to us on the phone when we called (we tried not to let it hurt our feelings too much) but he hugged us for about 30 minutes when we got back. Bryant on the other hand didn't seem to be too affected by us leaving or coming back. I guess he was just having too much fun. Here is a little conversation I had with Cameron when we gave him the stuffed lizard we brought back for him:
Mom: Cameron, we brought you a surprise!
Cameron: A serprize!! (with a big smile on his face and laughing)
Mom: (Big smile showing him the lizard)
Cameron: I don't like that! I wan my serprize.
Kids... gotta love them!
Before I end this I just wanted to ask you all to be praying for Cal, his partners and their business. We feel so blessed to be in the situation we are at this point in our lives and know that it is all because of God's guidance and blessings. 3 Christian men working together to accomplish the same thing spiritually and in a work setting can and will be an awesome thing. I just pray for strength and wisdom as they continue to search out God's hand in implementing things they have learned and through good and bad the courage to "fight the good fight, finish the race, and keep the faith." 2 Tim 4:7




No comments:
Post a Comment