Sunday, February 5, 2017

What the What?!?!

So someone asked me this week how old my kids were and I hesitated... like, for a long time.  Then I said, "11, no 10... no 11...I promise they are my kids!"  Seriously, I was totally taken aback to the fact that my first born is now 11!!  What. The. Heck!!!!  How did this happen and where did the time go?!?!  It didn't even hit me on his birthday, but here a few weeks later it is like a lead brick around my neck.  Time slow down!!!  The whole quote, "The days are long but the years are short" is so accurate at this point in our lives. Going, doing, and trying to make each moment count is hard; some days we totally miss it.  But I'm thankful for grace.  For each day anew.  For moments to be intentional and days to reflect and promise to do better the next.  All in all I have amazing kids!!  They make us look good in our parenting when in actuality we need to be on our knees most days asking them for forgiveness.  Trial, error, grace, and whole lot of Jesus-
that's how this crazy family is rolling! 






No comments: