It's crazy how things can change in an instant. A lazy day and a friendly wrestling match can turn so quickly into one of the worst days (or at least 5 minutes) of your life. Sunday was just that for us. We spent a lazy day at home letting the boys recover from their recent virus. B was pretty much back to normal and Cameron was still running a fever on and off. About 7:15 we started herding everyone to the bathroom to get ready for bed when a friendly wrestling match broke out. Pretty much it was daddy against everyone else. After a little WWF action I realized Cameron was still running a fever and took him in the kitchen to get some medicine. B and Hayden were continuing the beating on daddy in the other room, or maybe it was the other way around. After getting Cameron fixed up, I walked back into the living room just in time to see B go flying through the air and land on his head, on the tile floor. It was the WORST sound I have ever heard and it instantaneously made my stomach hurt. I ran over to check him out and console him and daddy went for an ice pack. He screamed for about 10 seconds and then all of a sudden stopped. His body got very rigid and he started arching his back with a blank stare on his face (later to be defined as decerebrate posturing). It was the scariest thing I have ever experienced... I know enough to know head trauma and neurological signs are no bueno. I freaked! I yelled at Cal to dial 911. Of course he didn't and instead came running in to take B from me, (which I was OK with) and I called. I ran outside while on the phone and yelled (literally) for my neighbor who is a fireman to come over and help. By the time I made it back inside he was crying again. My sweet neighbor came over and did an evaluation on him and said he looked good but still recommended he be checked out. About 2 1/2 hours, a CT, and lots of tears later we were sent home with just a concussion.
What a night!!!! As Cal said, God doesn't makes mistakes and I know he wasn't surprised by what happened (although, he blew me away!). I haven't figured out the reason for all of this but I do know I've held onto my babies a little tighter the last few days. They really aren't mine anyway but I sure am happy God thought highly enough of me to bless me with them. I'd just like to keep them around A LOT longer!
Now CUT IT OUT B-SQUARE!!!! That's enough freaking your momma out... I love you sweet boy!
In my defense: I took this picture only to try and cheer him up when he was having a hard time at the ER... worked for about 20 seconds.
13 years ago





2 comments:
How awful and scary! I'm so glad he's okay.
Aahhh that's scary! You did better than I would have done. When Avalon hurt her neck, I passed out :)
So glad he's okay and that it was nothing worse than a concussion.
Post a Comment