Saturday, March 20, 2010

Bunk beds, Boxes and Babies

Where to begin.... I'm going to plead "pregnant" as my reason not to have posted anything for awhile. So much has gone on but I've either forgotten it, or just failed to have taken a picture to capture the moment. Here is my attempt to catch you up on the last month... First of all, the boys are now sharing a room and LOVING their new bunk beds. They want to show everyone that comes over their new room. It took about a week to lose the "slumber-party" mentality but all is well now. I think they both like being in the same room and feel a little more secure knowing the other isn't too far away.
We finally finished the nursery and overall I think it turned out good. It seems a little weird having pink in our house after two boys, but I'm sure it will feel normal once she gets here. Pink and green is the theme and of course very "girly" since we haven't gotten to do this before.

The weather this winter has been a little crazy. We only seem to get one nice day at a time and then we are back to snow flurries, rain, or cold the next. Of course this has led to severe "cabin fever", but luckily the boys have adjusted well and found fun things to keep them busy inside. Boxes, couch cushions and our wonderful cat, Milo, seem to be the favorites (I think the cat is praying for warm weather very soon!). I haven't been able to capture anything outdoor lately. When it does warm up we head out the door so fast I forget the camera! Rest assured we have made it out for a few bike rides, play dates and even a trip to the zoo.

Less than 4 weeks until our new addition should be here -- way less if I have my way :). Are we ready??? No. Are you ever ready??? We will adjust though (hopefully quickly) and we will hardly remember what life was like with just 2 kids. We think the boys are taking it all in well and understand as much as they can that a sister is on the way. Cameron says he wants a boy and a girl. Not sure if that is improvement from just wanting a brother but I think once he sees her and holds her he will be just fine with it. Bryant is starting to understand that something is about to change and that it may get a lot of attention. He crawled in my lap the other day while I was putting some stuff away in the babies room. I asked him what kind of animal he was pretending to be and he said, "the baby sisser". Then he proceeded to play, like a baby, with the toys in the room. Who says 2 year old's aren't smart! He obviously understands that something is coming to shake things up!

1 comment:

Alison, Jake, Addison, Avery and baby Bean said...

love the bunk beds! post a pic of the girly room... I bet it is adorable. I may need guidance if we have a boy as far as decorating goes. we'll see!